Have you ever seen someone undergoing an asthma attack?
Or, if you are an asthma patient yourself, you may know how painful it can be. The typical symptoms of an asthma attack range from coughing, wheezing and having difficulty in breathing. Though severe attacks can be life threatening, most minor attacks can be cured by following certain home remedies.
Read on to know what to do while an attack.
- When you are at home, allergens like dust, pests, molds, pets, smoke can trigger an asthma attack. Stay away from these as much as possible, and prefer to stay in an air conditioned room if situation permits.
- Keep your bed clean and make it up regularly. Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers with warm water.
- Take the help of pest control and eradicate cockroaches, rodents and other pests from your home.
- Keep your inhaler somewhere easily accessible. Remember, that may save you and your family.
- While having an asthma attack, take long, deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth. Stay calm and stop panicking, it will only worsen the situation.
- Try sitting upright during an attack, it will help you to breathe
- Seek professional help in case of an emergency.
#asthma #allergy #allergen #healthcare #breathingproblems #wellness #inhaler