How to use household items as exercise equipment?
Ever since the lockdown started, the gym-goers have faced a lot of obstructions in their daily routine of exercises. We understand how frustrating it can be for a gym lover to live without working out for so many months! And if you don’t have time for the gym, but love to work out at home itself, this piece of text is for you!
Many of us are so busy with a work-life that we rarely find time to visit the gym or attend regular exercise classes. We also do not give ourselves enough time to stay fit, and more often than not, lead an extremely unhealthy lifestyle. Thus, lack of exercise and an unhealthy lifestyle leads to many physical and mental health complications like heart diseases, diabetes, depression, dementia and even cancer.
But, every cloud has a silver lining, isn’t it?
We can convert our home into a mini-gym! You don’t need to have access to expensive exercise or gym equipment; you can turn your daily household items into amazing instruments that will help you work out. Sounds interesting???
- Towels – You can use your towel while exercising in more than one way. It is an easy replacement of a resistance band. It can be used for stretching, arm workout, lunge positions, triceps pulls, push-ups, rocking cradle, leg workouts, free-hand exercises and many more. Roll your towel and hold it tightly on its two ends. For chest exercises, hold the towel at chest level, bend your elbows at the right angle and push out and pull in with each hand simultaneously. Repeat this for a minimum of 15 times continuously. We can also carry out push-ups by placing the towel on the floor and pressing it down with one of your hands. Now initiate with a push-up position, and alternate the towel with your hands after at least 15 repetitions on each side. These exercises help to tone your entire body muscles.
- Stairs – We all have access to a staircase, one way or the other. It is time for you to stop using the elevator now and use the stairs instead. Go up and down the stairs at a medium pace and keep your spinal cord straight while you’re using the stairs. You can also carry out alternating lunges on the stairs. Place one leg bent in a right angle in front of you on top of the first step. Place the hands on your hips and bend the other leg at your back. Stand at this position for a few moments and then repeat the same with your other leg. Push-ups are also a form of exercise that can be done on the stairs easily. Press down your hands on top of the stairs and place your legs on the base of the stairs. Push your body down and then get back up, and keep your back straight while you are at it.
- Weights – If you love picking up weights, you can find a lot of items around the house that will help you in it. Find some heavy bags, water-filled bottles, heavy books, etc. will play a good role to replace the weights you use at the gym. You can lift these weights and carry out chest exercises, step-ups, biceps curl, shoulder press, etc. Hold the weights in each hand and lie down on your back on a flat desk. Lift the weight with your hands (or one hand at a time) on your chest level. You can carry on the shoulder press by holding the weights and lifting them from shoulder level. Stand with your back straight, otherwise, you may face a lot of unnecessary pain!
- Chairs – A sturdy chair (without wheels, of course) would be your best friend for dips. Extend your body and legs, place your hands on the chair, and slowly push down your chest and the entire body by pressing your hands down till elbow level, keeping your legs stretched. You can also carry out push-ups on your chair by putting your feet on the chair and hands on the floor.
- Walls – Even if you can’t find any of the above materials near you, you will surely find four of these at your home. There are several exercises you will be able to carry out with the help of walls. Stand with your backbone straight and place your hands on the wall at chest level, and press down your chest on the wall. Repeat this for 15 to 20 times at a stretch. You can also combine your towel and wall or door for working out. Wrap your towel around the handle of your door or a hook on your wall and hold it tightly. Do some rows by keeping your feet against the wall and lean back and pull your arms straight and go back down. Repeat these steps.
The number of exercises you can do with the help of household items are truly endless. You just need to be innovative and enthusiastic about staying fit and healthy. Easy and cost-effective equipment for every gym fanatic is present in every home in some form. You can even work out without any equipment at all. Your body may also be the best tool for various forms of workout, such as aerobics, Zumba etc.
By now, you must have realized that to stay fit and healthy, you may not always need to invest a lump sum amount of money in buying equipment. It is also not compulsory to travel to the gym every day within your busy schedule. You can very well be physically active by staying at home and following a healthy routine, diet, and a good workout schedule.
Explore the new world of healthcare and wellness! Connect to our team for more updates on Home-Gym tips, Zumba and more.
Stay Informed, Stay Connected!!!
#gym #wellness #healthcare #aerobics #exercise #workout #fitness #healthy #healthylifestyle #clinqon_india
Interesting and helpful ✨
Good read.Helpful read for every person specially for students and workers.
Interesting and helpful.
Really helpful 👍
Really very helpful!
Very well thought idea to keep oneself fit at home..Really liked it!!
Really really astounding
Well written… 👌
Use toning cable, for various exercise
Incredible level of information…. Supb👌🏻
Very well written and really informative!
Very helpful article! Thanks.
Nice Article…. found useful while reading…
It’s amazing! Thanks for sharing this article about Household Exercise Equipment Information
Nicely put 👍👍