Let's take a look.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) suggests that sanitizers with alcohol concentration of 60-95% are more effective in eradicating the virus.
- WHO suggests that sanitizers with 80% ethanol or 75% isopropyl alcohol is ideal, while presence of methanol has high risks of blindness and other health hazards.
- Check the manufacturing and expiry dates. Presence of alcohol makes the sanitizer volatile and evaporates quickly, so an expiry date is must.
- Ingredients must include glycerin and sterile water.
- Sanitizers containing higher percentage of alcohol may be expensive but they are more effective in controlling the virus.
- Read directions for use very carefully and contact a specialist immediately if any rashes or pigmentation occurs.
#covid19 #coronavirus #mask #sanitizer #health #healthcare #medical #WHO #lockdown