We’re already in the third decade of the 21st century, and leading a healthy life has become a necessity. Moreover, who does not want to be healthy? A study conducted by WHO shows that more than 40% of the total world population has an urge to stay healthy. It also stated that most of the population plans to become healthy. But at the end of the day, the urge decreases, and hence the stones remain unturned.
What is a healthy lifestyle?
Most people have a common concept that staying healthy requires a lot of effort like, beating up the body and maintaining a proper balance of nutrients. Although, the concept may not be true. Rather, being healthy means having a better way of living life to feel better. A healthy life can also be defined as a way of living, which reduces the chances of being seriously ill or cases of sudden demise. A healthy lifestyle includes a proper routine, including a healthy diet and a regularity in the cycle.
Some important facts towards a healthy life
With the advancement of technologies, the way people view the world has changed. Earlier, people did not have the option to search for answers on the web. Most people used to believe the doctors blindly without questioning their intentions. However, things have changed now. People now hold a tendency to ask questions on matters which they may not understand or connect. Nowadays, people have become much more serious and conscious about their health and well-being. Researchers have seen an exponential increase in searches among consumers opting for healthy solutions in their day-to-day life. Various small- & large-scale food product manufacturers have also started to implement healthy elements in most of their products and services to attract more customers.
Yet, there’s a major shortcoming to this change. The domain KNOWLEDGE is not known to all. People often tend to consider themselves doctors by just watching some random videos or facts related to the problem without knowing the root cause of the problem and the actual remedies. People tend to forget that the human body reacts to every change, be it internal or external. As a result, any improper intake of food or practicing incorrect exercise may prove fatal to the human body. It is important to consult a doctor or at least have the knowledge confirmed by any medical professional. It helps in reducing life risk immensely and even reduces the spread of fake news. The habit of being self-aware is good but bestowing unknown knowledge regarding health to someone else is a major crime. So, be aware and take action cautiously.
Tips to lead a healthy life
Healthy eating (Diet and Nutrition)
- A healthy, grown-up person must consume at least three meals a day. They are breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The daily consumption cycle must include healthy foods such as whole grains, vegetables, low-fat milk, or fat-free products.
- Include adequate meat, fish, and eggs or vegetable alternatives into your diet.
- The food menu must be low in saturated fat, salt, sugar and cholesterol.
- Avoid the consumption of a heavy meal before sleeping to decrease gastroesophageal reflux and weight gain.
- Decrease the consumption of raw food or overcooked food. Always try to maintain a balance to get maximum results for your body.
Physical activity and exercise
- Regular exercise can help the elderly avoid reverse age-related muscle loss, improve balance, flexibility, and endurance. It also reduces the risk of falling. A routine workout can help you dodge various major illnesses like heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure. Regular exercise in weight-bearing can also help to prevent osteoporosis or similar ailments via strengthening the bone.
- Routine workouts can boost self-esteem, self-confidence, stress, and anxiety, improve mood, and improve overall mental health.
- Regular workouts help in maintaining body weight. Thirty minutes of gentle exercise is recommended to a healthy individual for at least three to five days a week.
- Strenuous exercise can often fatigue a person. But they are mostly temporary. If the pain persists, you are advised to halt the workout until the source of the discomfort is diagnosed. If the issue becomes major, try consulting a doctor immediately.
Maintaining Mental Health
- Take a stroll and think about what you see and hear several times a week.
- Try something new. You can eat a portion of new food or try a different route to work or go to a new museum display maybe.
- Plan to chat to other folks on diverse topics from time to time.
- Have a good network of like-minded people who holds a keen interest in a healthy lifestyle.
- In case you are feeling sad, suicidal or damaged, take guidance from others or consult a mental health professional immediately.
A healthy body is often the display of a healthy soul. While concentrating on general awareness we tend to forget the importance of health awareness. In this crucial time of the pandemic, we must take absolute precaution wherever it’s needed. You must not only give advice but act on the phrase “Health is Wealth“.
Read through our medical, healthcare & mental health blogs to gain more insights from the experts in the various field. You can also book an online doctor consultation and discuss one-on-one with our medical professionals to learn the simple tricks to take care of your mental and physical health.
Stay Healthy, Stay Unaffected!!!