Favorite Healthy Breakfasts
Breakfast is considered important for several reasons. Eating a meal on time during the morning provides the necessary fuel for your body and brain. It also can help regulate hunger, reducing the urge to snack throughout the day. Also, for kids, eating breakfast has been positively related to academic performance, likewise as a decreased risk of obesity.
For the most nutritious and tasty breakfast, people try choosing whole, unprocessed foods from each of the five food groups: fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy. Also, they try including proteins from foods like yoghurts (look for varieties with less sugar added), eggs, nuts and seeds or legumes, complex carbohydrates like whole fruits and vegetables and whole grains (i.e. oatmeal) that provide fiber and may help feel full longer.
Research has shown that people are more likely to eat breakfast if easy-to-prepare breakfast foods that are readily available at their home. Some of the favorite breakfast ideas include:
- Porridge made up of oatmeal – when choosing quick oats choose the plain variety and add fruits afterwards because the flavored varieties tend to have plenty of added sugar.
- Wholegrain cereal (such as untoasted muesli, bran cereals or whole-wheat biscuits) with milk, natural yoghurt and fresh fruits.
- Whole meal, wholegrain or sourdough toast, or English muffins or crumpets with baked beans, poached or boiled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, salmon, cheese, avocado or a few of teaspoons of spreads like 100% nut pastes (such as peanut or almond butter).
- Smoothies made up of fresh fruit or vegetables, natural yoghurt and milk.
- Natural yoghurt with some fresh fruit added for extra sweetness and a few raw nuts for crunchiness.
Your morning meal doesn’t have to mean loading much sugar and fats, and it doesn’t need to be time-consuming to be healthy. Keep the breakfast basics in mind and set yourself up for healthier eating all day long!!!
#breakfast #healthydiet #healthcare #protein #fruits #vegetables #memory #water #vitamins #medicine